6 Ideas for Creating a Spa-Like Bathroom
Next to the bedroom, a bathroom is the best spot in your home for relaxation and rejuvenation, the place where you can enjoy a long shower or bubble bath after a long day. Want to make your bathroom more inviting, inspiring and blissful? Here are some cost-effective ideas that can help you achieve a spa-like bathroom in your own home:
- Declutter. If your goal is to create a calming sanctuary in your bathroom, decluttering is key. Hide your beauty products, toothpaste and other toiletries under the sink, in a medicine cabinet, or in attractive baskets . Roll your towels and ensure everything in your bathroom has its own defined space to keep it as organized as possible.
- Install a Dimmer. Lighting is important in any room, but more so in a bathroom where bright lights have their value for applying makeup, shaving and other practical routines. But when you want to slip into relaxation, the last thing you want are bright lights illuminating the space. Install a dimmer to soften the light, which will add to the peacefulness and calm of your spa-like bathroom.
- Include Earthy Materials in Your Bathroom. A few warm wooden accents can turn an industrial bathroom into an inviting, spa-like space. Buy a pebble bath mat or—
better yet—a living bath mat for a unique bathroom addition, which also feels amazing underfoot. Consider moving a bamboo, aloe vera, or African violet plant into your bathroom to enliven the space.
- Utilize Aromatherapy to Create an Even More Relaxing Space. Spas take fragrance seriously and often utilize specific essential oils to help their guests sink into relaxation. Aromatherapy is a natural way to stimulate relaxation and sleep. To make your bathroom even more peaceful, purchase a diffuser or soybean candle in your favorite scent (think lavender, bergamot, sandalwood, lilac or rose), or add a drop of an essential oil to your bath for a restorative soak.
- Purchase Fluffy White Towels. Luxurious white towels, or oversized Turkish cotton bath sheets, are a staple at the spa and a must for creating a spa-like bathroom at home. Purchase fluffy white towels and consider adding a heated towel rack to your bathroom to make it even cozier.
- Swap Out Your Shower Head. If you don’t have a soaking tub in your bathroom, you can still make your space more spa-like by installing a new shower head. Purchase a massage shower head or rainfall shower head; it’s cost-effective, won’t take up additional space, and you’ll be sure to use it every day and feel wonderful in the process.